Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thing 2 Mobile Device Tips

I am fairly new to the world of smart phones, having purchased an iphone last summer to replace a very old, very tired and very basic Samsung mobile phone which had become so quaint that I used it only surreptitiously in dark corners for the last few months of its existence.

Before exploring Thing 2, I thought I had learned the iphone features of most use to me from friends who provided tips and from exploring an intuitive interface.  Now I realize I had barely scratched the surface level of knowledge.  I spent hours on this Thing, experimenting with almost all of the tips--and sharing favorites with friends.  Because I recently upgraded to iOS 7, it was an especially good time to learn about the many features available.  My favorite: turning text to Bold enlivened the appearance of the gray-ish text native to iOS 7 and made reading easier.  The various swipes for searching, easy deletions, editing and more truly are enhancements which I now use regularly.

All in all...time well spent.  However, I need to pick up the pace with Things 3-23 or the generous timeline for finishing 23 Mobile Things will elapse before I explore them all.


1 comment:

  1. Getting comfortable with your device is really important for the rest of the program, so I think it's wonderful you spent so much time on Thing 2!

    ReplyDelete